The French Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (AFTES) was established in 1972. Its aim is to unite and mobilise all players in the profession: investors, project owners, project managers, design firms and inspection bodies, research and training institutes, contractors, consultants, architects, town planners, equipment manufacturers, academics and others, to focus on a number of key objectives:
- Advancing knowledge in its specialist fields.
- Exchanging information between members and disseminating, as widely as possible, the recommendations of its Working Groups and more generally, information at its disposal relating to contracts, techniques, social matters, the environment, and so on.
- Promoting Underground Space and supporting initiatives to make it better known.
- Assisting with the development and dissemination of the expertise of French engineers, contractors and construction firms
- Supporting technical contributions and the establishment of professional doctrine.
- Encouraging young engineers and technicians with qualification in civil engineering to take an interest in the specific field of underground works.
The French Tunnelling and Underground Space Association is Member of the ITA (International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association).
AFTES is headed by a Board of Directors and run by an Executive Council assisted by:
■ Technical Committee and its Working Groups
■ “Underground Space” Committee and its Working Groups
■ Communication and Editorial Board of the “Tunnels & Espace Souterrain” magazine
■ Committee Education
■ Committee for the Triennial AFTES Congress
■ Committee Plant & Equipment
> 3 Regional Delegations
AFTES represents France as a member nation of the InternationalTunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA).
AFTES organises an international Congress once every three years .
The next and 15th International Congress will be head in PARIS from 13 to 16 November 2017.
ASSOCIATION FRANÇAISE DES Tunnels ET DE L’ESPACE SOUTERRAIN
- Yann Leblais, Président
15, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Tel: +33 1 44 58 27 43
Fax: +33 1 44 58 24 59